- Why are manhole covers are round?
If manhole covers were square, and they were placed in the hole at the wrong angle, they could fall through.
- If you look at a clock and the time is 3:15, what is the angle between the hour and the minute hands? (Hint, it’s not zero)
A clock is 360 degree and every hour is 30 degree of rotation. At 3:15 the little hand is on 3 and the big hand is ¼ of the way between 3 and 4. So multiply 30 degrees with 0.25 which gives 7.5 degrees.
- Explain how five minus two equal 4?
If you take f and e from five what remain is Roman numeral iv.
- If I gave you 10 million dollars right now, what would you do?
Go to work tomorrow and tell no one. Buy a flat to lower my monthly costs of living. Pay the loan — same reason. Secure parents future for their lifetime. Secure future for my son. Invest in my wife’s own business. Invest securely.
- If you had a choice between two superpowers – being invisible or flying – which would you choose?
“That’s easy I would choose to be invisible since then I could fly.” At the point of interviewer “Invisible = you have a fear of something or you are shy. Flying = you don’t have a fear of being on stage (good leaders).”
- Some months have 30 days, and some have 31, how many months have 28 days?
The answer to this question is 12 months, as each month has 28 days. So don’t answer 1 or February.
- How many times a day does a clock’s hands overlap?
The overlaps occur 22 times.
- You’re the captain of a pirate ship and your crew gets to vote on how the gold is divided up? If less than half of the crew agree with you, you die. How do you distribute the gold in a way that you get your share of the money, and still survive?
One option is to divide the booty evenly between the top 51% of the crew.
- What shall we have for dinner this evening?
Don’t give an answer like “whatever you like”, “I don’t mind”, “what would you like”, etc. This will hide your quality of leadership or take a stand when your opinion is asked. This will show your willingness to take charge and when not.
- Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew?
“A database is a machine that remembers lots of information about lots of things. People use them to help remember that information. Now, go outside and play”.